uucp Handshake error. . .

Karl Swartz kls at ditka.UUCP
Tue Sep 12 17:28:45 AEST 1989

In article <2955 at puff.cs.wisc.edu> upl at puff.cs.wisc.edu (Future Unix Gurus) writes:
>I'm also trying to feed another computer where I work.  It is running
>BNU, though (at least that's what they call it.  Looks like HDB to me)
>It's an IBM rt running AIX.

BNU (Basic Networking Utilities) and HDB (HoneyDanBer) are one and
the same.  And if your RT is running AIX 2.2.1, the current release
for the RT, you've got HDB.  Or something that started out as HDB.
Somehow IBM managed to introduce an enormous number of bugs into it
(most of the rest of AIX 2.2.1 too).  I'm not saying that this is
your problem in this case, but I've spent many hours trying to coax
AIX 2.2.1's HDB into doing what any decent uucp should be able to
do without any problem, and given a problem that involved it (or
any other part of 2.2.1) I would *always* suspect the IBM software
first.

--
Karl Swartz	|UUCP		{ames,lll-winken}!pacbell!ditka!kls
1-505/672-3113	|Internet	kls at rt1.lanl.gov
		|BIX		kswartz
"I never let my schooling get in the way of my education."  (Twain)