Wanted: filesystem/directory-tree description languages

Scott Leadley leadley at uhura.cc.rochester.edu
Fri Jul 21 04:15:38 AEST 1989

	I am looking for information about tools that check the external
characteristics of a filesystem.  For lack of a better phrase, the tools
I'm looking for are "filesystem description languages".

	Three examples of this kind of tool are: mkproto(8), rdist(1) and
vcheck(Unisoft).  What these tools have in common is the ability to check some
of the attributes of a file (e.g. name, mode, uid, gid, contents or checksum,
etc) to determine if the file's state is "correct".

	I would appreciate any pointers to published papers about or concrete
examples of this kind of tool.  Please mail them to me at:

	leadley at cc.rochester.edu
	ur-cc!leadley

Or, if you are using UUCP, and don't have the mail maps, you can try:

	...!rochester!ur-cc!leadley
	...!rutgers!rochester!ur-cc!leadley
	...!cornell!rochester!ur-cc!leadley
	...!ucbvax!rutgers!rochester!ur-cc!leadley

Or, you can reply in comp.sources.wanted (were I've directed followups).

					Scott Leadley - leadley at cc.rochester.edu