sun fortran and real*8 on a sparc machine

Rodney Peck II rodney at sun.ipl.rpi.edu
Sat Jul 22 00:45:52 AEST 1989

This is most likely the wrong newsgroup.  If so, please mail me so I can
forward this and get an answer.

I'm trying to compile a fortran program which uses real*8's on a sun4.
Unfortunately, it get really bizzare errors in the assembler stage saying
that it doesn't know what a ld2 opcode is.

I'm guessing that this is a two word load command and that sparc just doesn't
have it.

Fine.

How do I get this program to compile on the sub4 then?

Example code, error output, etc available upon request.

--
Rodney