euser - display the effective user name, SysV-ish

Warren Tucker wht at tridom.uucp
Tue Jul 11 01:43:31 AEST 1989

In article <37612 at sgi.SGI.COM>, jmb at patton.sgi.com (Jim Barton) writes:

> Why waste time with this?  The system V 'id' command does the
> same thing!  And, it's standard!

whoami is standard on BSD, too, and prints exactly what
the other gentleman and I wanted to know without all that sed
gibberish.

But why am I responding to someone who wastes 1000s of alt.sources
readers time with his opinion of waste :-) ?

Jeez people:
  1) while(1) { puts("post only sources to alt.sources); }
  2) be a little tolerant

>   "I used to be disgusted, now I'm just amused."
> --

:-)