No Routing Problems in Europe????

Wolf Paul wnp at attctc.DALLAS.TX.US
Tue Jul 11 23:07:19 AEST 1989

In article <19403 at louie.udel.EDU> HIGGS_M%P1.LANCSP.AC.UK at cunyvm.cuny.edu (Mike Higgs) writes:
=    I apologise for this going out over the net but I cannotcontact the
=sender directly.
=    despoix at imag.fr, I was informed that your mail to me bounced but not
=what the mail actually was. Please could you resend via another gateway or post
=to the net.
=
=        Thanks,
=
=                        Mike Higgs
=
=School of Computing,              JANET : higgs_m at uk.ac.lancsp.p1
=Lancashire Polytechnic,           EARN  : higgs_m at p1.lancsp.ac.uk
=Preston,
=U.K.  PR1 2TQ.

And I thought they didn't have any routing problems or mail bouncing
in Europe!

Then why do we have this message going to the US, to enable two Europeans
(one in Britain, the other in France) to communicate with each other?

This illustrates that even EUnet is not perfect, and shouldn't charge
rates as if it were.

UUCP:   {texbell, attctc, dalsqnt}!dcs!wnp
DOMAIN: wnp at attctc.dallas.tx.us or wnp%dcs at texbell.swbt.com
        NOTICE: As of July 3, 1989, "killer" has become "attctc".