No Routing Problems in Europe????

Solanti Petri pso at etana.tut.fi
Wed Jul 12 03:03:44 AEST 1989

>From article <8612 at attctc.DALLAS.TX.US>, by wnp at attctc.DALLAS.TX.US (Wolf Paul):
> And I thought they didn't have any routing problems or mail bouncing
> in Europe!

Of course it happens sometimes. Router can be down for some reasons or
one machine may disappear from the net or new software release is buggy ...
But I suppose that Eunet is one of the best organised computer network
in the world.

> Then why do we have this message going to the US, to enable two Europeans
> (one in Britain, the other in France) to communicate with each other?

Perhaps it's for ensuring that someone finds this message. Not everybody
is reading eunet.general.

> This illustrates that even EUnet is not perfect, and shouldn't charge
> rates as if it were.

Show me one perfect thing on the earth created by a human!
The question is not which system is perfect, but which one
is the most reliable.

--
          Petri Solanti          Tampere University of Technology
UUCP:     pso at tut.UUCP           Signal Processing Laboratory