No Routing Problems in Europe????

Frederic DESPOIX despoix at imag.imag.fr
Fri Jul 14 01:21:40 AEST 1989

Refering to articles :
	<3043 at netmbx.UUCP>, hase at netmbx.UUCP (Hartmut Semken)
	<8612 at attctc.DALLAS.TX.US>, wnp at attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Wolf Paul)
	<19403 at louie.udel.EDU> HIGGS_M%P1.LANCSP.AC.UK at cunyvm.cuny.edu (Mike
	Higgs)

	Sure, there are problems sending mail to my fellow british european
citizen. It is now the fourth mail i send over to Mike.
Strangely, he receives subject lines, but no contents. Thus, one may
conclude the addresses i used are valid (our guru said that too).

	Could it be a site, for money reason, decide not to send the helpful
content of my mails, nor send any error message back to me ?
More seriously, it can be a misunderstanding during routing from imag.imag.fr
to higgs_m at p1.lancsp.ac.uk. Hence, somewhere in a log file my mail disappeared.

	Anyway, this all is one more reason for people thinking there will be
no EUROPE in 1992. But this is no reason to laught at EUnet which works
perfectly most of the time.
Simply one can argue about the choices some countries did for the mail service,
and the fact mail to european sites costs 1100 F/Mo (180 US$) and mail to the US
costs 1000 F/Mo (160 US$). Physicaly explainable, politicaly strange !

				God save the Queen, et vive la France.

					Frederic DESPOIX.

 DESPOIX Frederic,				despoix at imag.imag.fr
 Laboratoire de Genie Informatique		despoix at imag.Fr
 Domaire Universitaire
 BP 53x						despoix at imag
 38401 SAINT MARTIN D'HERES CEDEX		uunet.uu.net!imag!despoix
 France