No Routing Problems in Europe????

Hartmut Semken hase at netmbx.UUCP
Wed Jul 12 22:03:24 AEST 1989

In article <8612 at attctc.DALLAS.TX.US> wnp at attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Wolf Paul) writes:
>In article <19403 at louie.udel.EDU> HIGGS_M%P1.LANCSP.AC.UK at cunyvm.cuny.edu (Mike Higgs) writes:
>=    despoix at imag.fr, I was informed that your mail to me bounced but not
>=what the mail actually was. Please could you resend via another gateway or post
>=to the net.
>And I thought they didn't have any routing problems or mail bouncing
>in Europe!
>
>Then why do we have this message going to the US, to enable two Europeans
>(one in Britain, the other in France) to communicate with each other?
>
>This illustrates that even EUnet is not perfect, and shouldn't charge
>rates as if it were.

Well, so AT&T should not charge anything for telecommunications, cause
their net isn't perfect?

And neither should tymnet?

Why should somebody not charge anything for service, he offers?

The unido rates are becoming reasonable these days. A lot of my mail
keeps bouncing - in USA; european mail works pretty good.

Of course, EUnet is not perfect.

but the service at unido is very much woth the charges.

hase
--
Hartmut Semken, Lupsteiner Weg 67, 1000 Berlin 37 hase at netmbx.UUCP
If there is something more important than my Ego, I want it caught and shot.