Archive-name

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.ferranti.com
Sun Aug 26 13:52:43 AEST 1990

In article <EMV.90Aug25181035 at stag.math.lsa.umich.edu> emv at math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti) writes:
> Peter, you could look at everything as it comes in, and make the
> decision to archive or not archive on the fly.

... and duplicate the effort for all archive sites. And that still doesn't
get all the sites synchronised. By the time the index comes around all the
articles have already been archived. A lot of work to do something the
program's authors know better how to do.

> Apparently no one is going to do it for you, it's up to you.

Ah, but you're wrong. People *are* doing it. More all the time. I've got mail
from several people saying they're going to start doing it from now on and
asking for suggestions.
--
Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
+1 713 274 5180.   'U`