Archive-name: (was Re: wp2latex (1 of 4))

Ralph P. Sobek ralph at laas.fr
Tue Aug 21 02:41:47 AEST 1990

In article <-335ZE6 at xds13.ferranti.com> peter at ficc.ferranti.com (Peter
da Silva) suggests:

|    Is it *really* too much to ask that people include an Archive-name: entry
|    in postings to alt.sources? It is such a little thing, and saves countless
|    hours of poring through files with names like "30Jul90.17652". Just put, on
|    the first line of the message:
|
|    Archive-name: wp2latex/Part01

I am not referencing *all* those subsequent postings concerning those
poor souls, etc.  I would just like to add that, not only is archival
- such as the program `rkive' - helped, but further User news software
often uses the "Archive-name:" field to automatically save into an
appropriately named shar file.  For example: my soon to be released
GNUS source archiver which automatically builds shar file names and
even uudecodes the file if possible.
--
Ralph P. Sobek			  Disclaimer: The above ruminations are my own.
ralph at laas.fr				   Addresses are ordered by importance.