Q: Newest UnZip

Cave Newt roelofs at amelia.nas.nasa.gov
Thu Aug 2 16:36:18 AEST 1990

In article <691 at dg.dg.com> bkahn at archive.rtp.dg.com (Bruce Kahn) writes:

>  I was just reading another list and on it was a mention of unzip 3.0.  Was
>this ever posted to the net?  The newst version I  have is 2.1 and I havent
>seen any newer versions (2.1 is dated Sept. 89).  Can someone tell me where
>I may find 3.0?  Thanks.

I don't recall if 3.0 was posted or not, but it is available on Simtel,
at least (the nominal clearinghouse for the unzip project).  I can't
find any record of where I picked it up, but I believe it was directory
pd2:[unix-c.arc-progs], in one of several formats (ZIP, ARC, tar.Z).
The disk may have changed to pd3 some while back; my source for this
is a bit old.  Simtel, btw, is 26.2.0.74.

The nominal coordinator for unzip releases is David Kirschbaum, also
known as kirsch at usasoc.soc.mil; you might inquire with him as to the
plans for posting the next update.  To get on the unzip mailing list,
send a message to Info-ZIP-Request at wsmr-simtel20.army.mil.  It's been
rather quiet recently, but a number of the contributors may have been
students who have no net access during the summer.  Or maybe the program
is just perfect in its most recent incarnation. :)

Greg