Q: Newest UnZip

Kim DeVaughn kim at uts.amdahl.com
Fri Aug 3 12:17:54 AEST 1990

In article <7623 at amelia.nas.nasa.gov> roelofs at amelia.nas.nasa.gov (Cave Newt) writes:

> I don't recall if 3.0 was posted or not, but it is available on Simtel,

I never saw it posted.  Picked it up off of simtel, myself.

> Or maybe the program
> is just perfect in its most recent incarnation. :)

Not quite.  About a 1/3 of the time, if the embedded files are in a dir
tree, I get some corrupted files.  Haven't seen any obvious relationship,
but it seems to be data dependent, and seems to occur most frequently
in textual areas where there are lots of whitespace.

This be on our UTS 2.0.1 systems (basically SVR3), running on our Amdahl
mainframes.

BTW ... seems to me I saw in an article somewhere that v3.1 was available
now (or maybe RSN), but I haven't tried to locate it.  Or maybe I was
daydreaming this ... :-)

/kim

UUCP:  kim at uts.amdahl.com   -OR-   ked01 at juts.ccc.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,uunet,oliveb,ames}!amdahl!kim
DDD:   408-746-8462
BIX:   kdevaughn     GEnie:   K.DEVAUGHN     CIS:   76535,25