xcomm 2.2, part 1 of 3 (docs)

Karl Kleinpaste karl at triceratops.cis.ohio-state.edu
Sat Oct 1 06:24:25 AEST 1988

gareth at ufnmr.UUCP (Gareth J. Barker) writes:
   X.SH "BUGS"
   X.LP
   X\fIXcomm\fP does not support or respect uucp/tip LCK lock files.
   XCheck that the modem is free before trying to use \fIxcomm\fP.

Incorrect.  I thought I posted on this, but maybe it didn't get
everywhere the first time...

I added HDB-style LCK files to xcomm a couple of weeks ago, but
managed to miss updating the docs before posting the source.  Xcomm
respects and creates HDB-style LCK files, and can be safely installed
setuid-uucp if you wish.

BTW, I have had one report that the shars refused to unpack properly.
I can't reproduce it from the originally-posted articles on my host;
if anyone else is having such troubles, I'd appreciate a note.
Something may have become corrupted along the way.

--Karl