Elvis 1.4, part 1 if 8

Peter Holzer hp at vmars.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Dec 6 03:10:20 AEST 1990

kssingvo at medusa.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Klaus Singvogel) writes:

>Every *.doc-file, I've extracted, reported, that it is damaged; e.g.
>doc/ex.doc is 19002 (real length) and not 19254 bytes (checksum length) long.

>Are the checksums bad or the files? Has anybody the same problems?

Yes, we have the same problems. All the <ESC>s have been
stripped from the .doc files.

Kirk, if you repost the .doc files, please choose a format that
is more robust against malicious mailers. Uuencoded compressed
tar-files maybe?
--
|    _  | Peter J. Holzer                       | Think of it   |
| |_|_) | Technical University Vienna           | as evolution  |