Numerical C

Raymond Allen ray at utcsrgv.UUCP
Thu Apr 19 02:11:39 AEST 1984

	I do practically nothing but numerical computation on the computer.
Although I realize that c was not written to do this, I often use it since
it seems to run faster than F77.  But, I agree with Steve Crandall.  A
complex type would be a real asset since, if I were to implement complex
arithmetic using c as it stands now (I haven't) I would have to write all
sorts of functions to implement + - * / as well as sin, cos, tan, etc. etc.

	It would be fun but I don't want to waste the time debugging all
those routines.  C'mon you compilier hackers, let's have a complex type
(and double complex) in c.  (While you're at it, how about an option to use
the IEEE standard floating point that the VAXEN support.)  It sure would
be nice to have an exponent range of +-300!!

(Shine my shoes, trim my beard, give me service!!  :-)   )

				Ray Allen
				utcsrgv!ray
				(416) 978-5036