Numerical C

mat at hou5d.UUCP mat at hou5d.UUCP
Fri Apr 20 05:50:25 AEST 1984

If you INSIST on arbitrarily adding types with odd properties to the
language, do it right.

How do you do it right?  Make the language type extensible.  I don't
want to start up a C-vs-ADA(tm DOD) debate but ADA has a few things
done right here.  Look at how they were done, especiallty the

	function "+" ...

garbage.  There's a lot of stuff WRONG with ADA types;  the length/precision
specifications are roccoco (to say the least) but the extensibiility
was well done.  Someday we may learn enough about what was done wrong to
feel confident adding it to C.  I don't think that that day has yet come.
--

					from Mole End
					Mark Terribile