info on C compilers for IBM 43xx series needed

davison at bnl.UUCP davison at bnl.UUCP
Thu Apr 26 10:52:12 AEST 1984

< for the bug>
I'd like to hear from those out in net.land that have used a C
[this is a reposting: please excuse if you've seen this before]
compiler on IBM midis..eg, a 43xx series machine.  Much to my
dismay the divison of biology at SUNY Stony Brook is getting a 4361.
Since I vastly prefer C and since most of my software is in C,
I'd like to know about the C compiler(s) available for IBMs.
I know of one called C/370 from Whitesmith's.  Has anyone used
their compiler?  I have already heard of their infamous library
functions.

Are there any others available?  Please reply via mail to me and if
there is enough interest I'll summarize and post to the net.

Thanks muchly,

dan davison
UUCP: ...decvax!philabs!sbcs!bnl!davison
ARPA: davison at BNL or davison @sumex-aim
voice: 516-246-7729
other:
department of microbiology