line comments (## vs. //)

William LeFebvre phil at rice.ARPA
Sun Dec 2 11:52:50 AEST 1984

Okay, okay.   As John Mackin and about 10 others have already pointed
out:

#define // /*

won't work for reasons more fundamental than the one I stated.  Forgive
me, I sent the letter before I was fully awake.

BUT:  even IF "//" was a legal identifier, and even IF you could
convince the preprocessor to leave the comments in (which you can do
with the preprocessor that pcc uses), it still wouldn't work because
the semantics are different.

Okay?

                                William LeFebvre
				Department of Computer Science