public-domain getwd(3)

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.UUCP
Thu Jul 5 07:22:33 AEST 1984

Net.sources has the source and manual page for a public-domain getwd(3)
routine, the C function equivalent of the pwd(1) program.  This stuff has
been written from scratch without reference to Bell or Berkeley sources.
It may be used by anyone, on any system, for any purpose.  It has been
tested on both V7 and 4.1BSD, and is believed to contain no gratuitous
system dependencies, with one exception:  it wants the Berkeley routines
for directory scanning.  It could easily be fixed to bypass this need,
but since I think the directory routines are a Good Thing and their use
should be encouraged, I haven't done so.
--
				Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology