porting to a Prime seen as a probable negative experience

Rich Yampell rch at brunix.UUCP
Sun Sep 23 12:21:56 AEST 1984

>If people would use lint they wouldn't have so much trouble wih things
>like 0 being used where (datum *)0 is called for.

true, but it does not always follow that if one has a c compiler, one also
has lint.  I spent the summer working on CP/M 68K on a Motorola VME-10
and there was no lint (much to my chagrin many times over).  Instead, the
compiler tried to do more checking than one normally expects in a c
compiler.  And it failed abyssmally at that task.