When words are good and when words are bad

Peter S. Shenkin peters at cubsvax.UUCP
Fri Aug 2 08:39:34 AEST 1985

In article <> DHowell.ES at Xerox.ARPA writes:
>It seems like there's this programming language called APL which uses
>almost nothing but symbols.  Does you think APL is more readable than
>Pascal, Ada, C, etc.?....
>
>Dan

No, but it's a hell of  a lot more WRITABLE!!  You pays your money and takes
your choice....    (I realize that this comment is irrelevant to the issue
that inspired the remark in the first place, but what the hell;  we're all
bored to tears of that subject anyhow.)

Peter Shenkin		philabs!cubsvax!peters