Lattice C for IBM Mainframes from SAS

Peter DaSilva peter at kitty.UUCP
Wed Aug 7 02:01:36 AEST 1985

How compatible with K&R is Microsoft C? How much of section 3 does the
library emulate? Last time I looked at compilers Lattice was the only
one that made a decent effort at implementing section 3. That was 6 months
ago and that was the one I bought.

Also, I don't have any #ifdef LATTICE statements. I do have a couple
of #ifdef IBMPC, but that's because the IBM-PC doesn't implement ioctl
and stat. :->  How many macros do you use that extend over 1 line anyway?

Anyway, if uSoft 'C' is particularly UNIX-library-compatible I'd like to
know about it.  I'm always looking for anything to help my massive porting
habit.