Converting FORTRAN to C

darryl at ISM780.UUCP darryl at ISM780.UUCP
Mon Jan 14 16:04:40 AEST 1985

[]

Although &p[ARRAYSIZE] may not dereference an invalid location, it's value
may not have much meaning, either.  For example, if you were running on
an 80*86 chip, and p was an array filling a segment, then &p[ARRAYSIZE]
has a value of 0!  In particular, the for loop would terminate immediately.
I don't believe that this technique is good form, even if it looks like
it says what you mean more clearly.  And I also don't believe that its
portable.

	    --Darryl Richman, INTERACTIVE Systems Inc.
	    ...!cca!ima!ism780!darryl
	    The views expressed above are my opinions only.