using break <label> instead of goto <label>

MLY.G.SHADES%MIT-OZ at MIT-MC.ARPA MLY.G.SHADES%MIT-OZ at MIT-MC.ARPA
Tue Jan 15 11:00:00 AEST 1985

	when you but in that form (new design methodology) i tend to
agree. proving correctness would be nice but we still end up with the
problem of providing possibly deleterious additions to an existing
language (break <label>).
	the c compiler that i use at home is decus c on a small(!!) 11
and at work it is the honeywell mod400/dps 6 c compiler basically
derived from unix's, i also use the pcc compiler for tops-20 here at
oz. all of them are excessively slow and in the case of my home
machine limited in symbol table size.  anything that degrades
performance in this case without being a significant improvment to the
language as a whole would be fiercely resented.

	sorry about the incomplete previous message i sent that
accidentally but since the discussion has passed on i will not finish it.