DeSmet C Compiler bug (?)

Tom Haapanen [DCS] haapanen at watdcsu.UUCP
Thu Jan 3 00:31:20 AEST 1985

I have the DeSmet C Compiler, version 2.4, and I have found that using
the -l option in bind causes problems.

Specifically, assume all my source and object code is on the a disk
(sorry, no har disk :-( ), and my compiler, linker and library are on
the b disk.  Then, I will do:
	c88 foo -db
	bind foo -lb
The c88 works fine, but using bind with the -lb option causes
unradable files 90% of the time; when I try running foo, DOS gives me
'Data error reading drive A:'.  I'm using a Hyperion (256K, 2 DSDD
drives) with PC-DOS 2.10.  My programs work fine if I move the library
onto the A drive; alas, this uses up about 40K of disk space...

Has anybody else had this problem?  I'd like to report this to CWare,
but I'm thinking that maybe it's just a fluke...  Please reply by
mail.  Thanks!

			\tom haapanen
			watmath!watdcsu!haapanen