DeSmet C Compiler bug (?)

jrv at Mitre-Bedford jrv at Mitre-Bedford
Sun Jan 13 10:25:49 AEST 1985

[haapanen at watdcsu.uucp writes:]
>I have the DeSmet C Compiler, version 2.4, and I have found that using
>the -l option in bind causes problems.
>
>Specifically, assume all my source and object code is on the a disk
>(sorry, no har disk :-( ), and my compiler, linker and library are on
>the b disk.  Then, I will do:
>        c88 foo -db
>        bind foo -lb
>The c88 works fine, but using bind with the -lb option causes
>unreadable files 90% of the time;

That series of commands works fine with my compiler (version 2.3
on MS-DOS version 2.11 on a Z-100), but then again my program
may be among your 10% that work.  You might try setting your
PATH, since both c88 and bind will search the PATH for files
they need. You could try something like
                path=a:;a:\bin;b:;b:\bin
which also worked for me.                - Jim Van Zandt