break/goto

David Herron, NPR Lover david at ukma.UUCP
Sat Jan 26 17:45:15 AEST 1985

In article <7404 at brl-tgr.ARPA> cottrell at nbs-vms.ARPA "comments":
>/*
>martin minow @decvax.uucp mentions a programmer who uses
>
>	label:	...
>		goto label;
>
>to delimit an outer loop that goes on for pages as you can easily
>lose track of nesting levels.
>
>flame:	anyone who does that ....
>nice:	please dont write code like that. each funxion should
>	be entirely on one page. use form feeds to separate pages.
>	thank you.
>*/

1. Ok.  Fine.  Putting form-feeds in the code may make sense to you.
   There are just a few problems with this.  Namely, the V7 compiler
   would barf on an illegal character, if you two column your output
   using pr(1) (to save paper...) pr dies horrible deaths on the
   form-feed character, you infuriate me because I (sometimes) like to
   have my printout two column.

2. DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME HOW TO WRITE MY CODE!!!!

   I'LL MESS IT UP IN MY OWN WAY, THANK YOU!!!!