PC/AT Venix: Converts FORTRAN to C?

fwy at ecsvax.UUCP fwy at ecsvax.UUCP
Thu Jan 3 01:58:19 AEST 1985

I have sent the net two messages inquiring about ways to convert FORTRAN to C.

The first was about how good is FORTRIX (responses were neutral to negative).

The second, based on a response to my FORTRIX message, asked if it was true
that Xenix's RATFOR produced C code (this seems to be untrue, being based
on a misprint in the Xenix manual).

I have now received a response to my Xenix question saying that Venix, on a
PDP/11, converts RATFOR->FORTRAN->C.

Does anyone out there have Venix on a PC/AT, the machine that I have?
Does it do the above conversion?  Thankxxx...