Fortran to C translator

Peter S. Shenkin peters at cubsvax.UUCP
Tue Jun 11 00:31:44 AEST 1985

In article <> nunes at utai.UUCP writes:

>   A friend of mine is looking for a Fortran to C translator. The names
>of translators, the names of their manufactures, and possibly any
>useful information about them would be greatly appreciated.
>   Thanks in advance.

I don't have an answer... but the documentation to the unix f77 compiler
states that the compiler produces intermediate C code.  In the past I've
looked further through the documentation for a command-line option which
would allow the user to trap the output at this level... in the same sense that
cc -E traps preprocessor output.  If such an otion exists, it's not documented,
as far as I can see;  but it would seem that it should be possible to go
into the compiler and create such an option.  If someone is ambitious
enough to do so, I'm sure many of us would appreciate a posting to the net.

Peter S. Shenkin			philabs!cubsvax!peters