286 vs. 68k

Ed Nather nather at utastro.UUCP
Sat Jun 8 01:28:56 AEST 1985

> In article <675 at dataio.UUCP> bjorn at dataio.UUCP (Bjorn Benson) writes:
> >
> >I propose that we start a new newsgroup "net.micro.68vs286" so that
> >all you people who enjoy discussing benchmarks, registers, segments,
> >clock cycles and other marketing hype can do so away from the rest of
> >us.
>
> I second the motion--only let's call it net.micro.compet.  I think that
> there is a legitimate place on the net for discussion of the pros and cons
> of various architectures/implementations, and I think that the people who
> just want solid technical info about their specific micro/language ought
> to be able to read the appropriate newsgroup without having to wade through
> the competitive material.
> --
> Richard Mateosian

I thought that's what net.arch was for in the first place.  It's why I read it.
There is no better way to learn details of the "uglies" in a particular
architecture, and their consequences, than to read a debate by two competitors.
I say, let the flames roll on ...

--
Ed Nather
Astronony Dept, U of Texas @ Austin