286 vs. 68k

Clif Purkiser clif at intelca.UUCP
Sat Jun 8 03:11:14 AEST 1985

> Enough is enough!!!
>
> I propose that we start a new newsgroup "net.micro.68vs286" so that
> all you people who enjoy discussing benchmarks, registers, segments,
> clock cycles and other marketing hype can do so away from the rest of
> us.  I am member of the user community, not the argueing community.
>
> 					Bjorn Benson
> 					..!uw-beaver!entropy!dataio!bjorn

	I think Bjorn is correct in fairness to all of the people who
don't care how fast or slow (in the case of the 680xx or 320xx) a
manufacturer's processor is.  I think we shouldn't limit it just
to the 80286 vs the 68020, so why not call it net.micro.benchmarks.

--
Clif Purkiser, Intel, Santa Clara, Ca.
HIGH PERFORMANCE MICROPROCESSORS

{standard disclaimer about how these views are mine and may not reflect
the views of Intel, my boss , or USNET goes here. }