C Wishes

Dave Lukes dave at inset.UUCP
Fri Nov 8 04:40:46 AEST 1985

In article <2742 at brl-tgr.ARPA> jcm at ORNL-MSR.ARPA (James A. Mullens) writes:

>Someone Said:
>>>	5. There are various parts of the syntax that I don't like:
>>>		2. ;'s as statement terminators, I prefer the algol statement
>>>		   separator.
>> I disagree; I prefer ;'s as statement terminators.  Trying to look at it
>> objectively, I can see very little reason to prefer one or the other.
>
>I don't see a major difference between
>"statement separator" and "statement terminator" if ";"  is the only
>symbol allowed to perform the separation.

There is a major difference:
people in general (not neccessarily particular individuals)
make more mistakes with ``;'' separators than with ``;'' terminators
(apparently this is why in ADA, ``;'' is a terminator, even though ADA is
``PASCAL-like'' in most things).

				Yours in separation and termination,
					Dave.
--
All opinions, philosophies, dogmas and idiosyncrasies expressed in this article
INCLUDING THIS DISCLAIMER, are solely those of the author.