C development environment for The Ma

tim at ISM780B.UUCP tim at ISM780B.UUCP
Sat Nov 2 01:27:00 AEST 1985

Re: compile time on Mac vs. Unix

	The Mac comes out OK if you get a Hyperdrive.

Re: BYTE review of Mac C compilers

	The Byte review of Mac C compilers sucked.  Both Megamax ( which
	I use, and can recommend ), and Consulair have had new releases
	since the review was written.  Don't trust any review that does
	not include Desmet C, because it was probably written long enough
	ago to be useless now.

Re: Megamax shorts and ANSI standard

	Megamax says that their compiler will be updated to meet the
	ANSI standard when it is finished, so I would guess that shorts
	will get longer.

So what should one buy?

	The best answer is that Aztec, Consulair, and Megamax are all
	agreed to be the best three.  The decision as to which of these
	to buy depends on which bells and whistles you want, and how
	much you want to pay for them.

					Tim Smith
					ihnp4!cithep!tim
					ima!ism780!ism780b!tim

ps:  If your are NOT at ISC, and you see this, and it is convienient to
do so, please send mail to ihnp4!cithep!tim saying so.  I don't know if
this actually goes out or not, and I would like to!