ANSI C -- static forward references

braner braner at batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu
Wed Dec 17 15:44:17 AEST 1986

[]

> [claims that one-pass compilers only belong on obsolete hardware...]

I use the Megamax C compiler on the Atari ST.  It is a one-pass compiler,
vintage 1986.  I love it, because it is VERY fast!  Just because the machine
has 1 Meg RAM and a 68000 does NOT mean efficiency doesn't pay!

A note to compiler writers: One-pass, two-pass, I don't care what the
algorithm is, but please use RAM, not the disk, for "temporary files" stuff.
It's all that disk-grinding that is obsolete!

- Moshe Braner