ProComm

C346595%UMCVMB.BITNET at wiscvm.ARPA C346595%UMCVMB.BITNET at wiscvm.ARPA
Wed Feb 26 11:38:09 AEST 1986

PIL Software Systems
PO Box 1471
Columbia, MO 65201
(314) 449-9401

I am the co-author of the communications program ProComm.  I noticed
our program mentioned here, so I thought I would let you know some
more information.  ProComm is a user supported product.  We have just
released version 2.2 (02/21/86).  Version 2.2 has many improvements
and additions.  We now emulate 10 popular async terminals.  The VT-100
emulation has been greatly improved.  We support XMODEM, YMODEM, TELINK,
MODEM7 and KERMIT file transfer protocols.  Our KERMIT implementation
has been completely re-coded from the ground up, and now supports all
the latest features such as data compression, file attributes, and the
new Sliding Window (full duplex) extension.  Our script command language
has been expanded also.  ProComm runs under MS-DOS 2.0 or greater, and
requires 128k of RAM.  We a 24 hour support BBS running at (314) 449-
9401.  The latest version is always available there.  ProComm is
written in C with assembler routines for maximum optimization.

I don't mean this to sound like a commercial, but I saw messages here
inquiring about us, so I thought I would supply the information.  I can
be reached at the above address or at C346595 at UMCVMB.

-Bruce Barkelew