Any recommendations for a good C tutorial?

Brooks Galfand gelfand at valid.UUCP
Thu Feb 6 04:52:47 AEST 1986

> 	I have a friend who wants to learn C, so I recommended the book I
> learned from, The C Programming Language by Kernighan and Ritchie.  However,
> he is finding it a little obtuse.  He is a programmer, so no kiddie C books
> please, but if anyone knows of a good tutorial on C, I would appreciate it if
> you would recommend it.
>
> - Thanks, Tim Iverson.
>   iverson at cory.BERKELEY.EDU
>   iverson at cory.UUCP

I have been programming for a while and found that the Kernighan and Ritchie
book left much to be desired as a tutorial although it makes a good reference.
The book I learned from is:
                           Programming in C
                           by Stephen G. Kochan
published by Hayden Book Company, Rochelle Park, New Jersey,
ISBN 0-8104-6261-3.

I found the examples in the book quite straight forward and easy to follow.
The sections on I/O and memory allocation are a bit skimpy, but for a
first books it is very good.