Vindication

Root Boy Jim rbj at icst-cmr.ARPA
Fri Jul 18 00:55:18 AEST 1986

	Jim,
		I find it somewhat amusing that you say I'm obviously a
	novice after I have been using C for 6 years (starting
	on an early Version 6 PDP 11/34). I'm even the resident expert
	at Camp Wondermite on UNIX and C; obviously, we are still in
	the Dark Ages here but at least I recognize that fact.

I'm glad you're amused. I would probably be offended. You can't always
tell the level of the questioner by his questions. Sorry about that.

	Anyway, this is a thank you note for your responses both to my original
	question and to Doug Gwyn's reply. The info contained therein
	was quite useful and I *DID* appreciate the (explicitly)
	non-portable, quick and dirty solution. Having spent the last 2
	years porting FranzLISP around, I think I can appreiciate both
	portable and non-portable code. Anyway,

Well, that's music to my ears.
					Thanx,
						David Linn

	P.S. I am another of those who enjoys the Pinhead Quotes that accompany
	your postings.

They come from `yow', a Zippy fortune-like program packaged with GNU EMACS.
I could send it to you if you like. Do you have COMPRESS? BTOA? UUDECODE?

	(Root Boy) Jim Cottrell		<rbj at icst-cmr.arpa>
DON'T go!! I'm not HOWARD COSELL!! I know POLISH JOKES...WAIT!! Don't
go!! I AM Howard Cosell! ...And I DON'T know Polish jokes!!