Help me translate into C

Tom Neff tneff at dasys1.UUCP
Sat Jul 16 02:09:07 AEST 1988

In article <11475 at steinmetz.ge.com> davidsen at crdos1.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:
>  [Turbo C?] also uses a few things like O_BINARY which means untranslated on
>systems having funny filetypes like DOS and VMS.

Doug Gwyn answered Bill's questions in detail.  I just want to point out
that MS-DOS has no "funny filetypes."  All typing is by convention only,
everything is really just a string of bytes.  The O_BINARY flag controls
the way the DOS "C" runtime behaves on things like end-of-file (soft via
^Z or hard via filesize) and newline (swallow ^M's or not).

--
Tom Neff			UUCP: ...!cmcl2!phri!dasys1!tneff
	"None of your toys	CIS: 76556,2536	       MCI: TNEFF