Calling LISP from C

Charles A. Cox cox at ernie.Berkeley.EDU
Sat Jul 9 03:09:43 AEST 1988

In article <6632 at shamash.UUCP> jwabik at shamash.UUCP (Jeff Wabik) writes:

>I have a need to invoke LISP functions from C on a UNIX workstation
>and pass arguments/results between the LISP and C functions.  Using
>Kyoto Common LISP or Allegro CL the reverse can be done, i.e. call C
>functions from LISP but this is done by having the LISP process
>running first.  How to call LISP functions from C ?

With Franz Inc.'s Allegro CL's foreign function interface, you can
call LISP functions from C through the `call-back' facility
(documented in the User's Guide).  The LISP process still has to
be the main one since LISP functions need to run in LISP's runtime
environment.

	Charley Cox
	cox at renoir.Berkeley.EDU