Iconitis

Glenn L. Austin austing at Apple.COM
Mon Apr 10 14:13:17 AEST 1989

In article <7898 at pyr.gatech.EDU> is813cs at pyr.UUCP (Cris Simpson) writes:
>Anytime I have had to use a Mac, I always asked,
>"Why is it so slow?."

Compare the time it takes to type "DIR<return>" with double-click.  If you
notice, it takes a lot less time to double-click than it does to type the
command.  I took a stopwatch to the two machines and found that it took about
half the time to execute a command on the Mac than it did on the PC.  Oh, by
the way, I type at 98 WPM, so I'm no slouch at the keyboard, but even I
appreciate (and use) the mouse and cursor keys.

| Glenn L. Austin             | The nice thing about standards is that      |
| Apple Computer, Inc.        | there are so many of them to choose from.   |
| Internet: austing at apple.com |       -Andrew S. Tanenbaum                  |