Iconitis

Mark R. Kaufmann mrk at wuphys.UUCP
Tue Apr 11 00:19:44 AEST 1989

In article <28679 at apple.Apple.COM> austing at Apple.COM (Glenn L. Austin) writes:
>In article <7898 at pyr.gatech.EDU> is813cs at pyr.UUCP (Cris Simpson) writes:
>>Anytime I have had to use a Mac, I always asked,
>>"Why is it so slow?."
>
>Compare the time it takes to type "DIR<return>" with double-click.  If you
>notice, it takes a lot less time to double-click than it does to type the
>command....
>| Glenn L. Austin             | The nice thing about standards is that      |
>| Apple Computer, Inc.        | there are so many of them to choose from.   |
>| Internet: austing at apple.com |       -Andrew S. Tanenbaum                  |

Compare the time it takes to pick up your right hand from the home position
on the keyboard, which is its natural place :-) when using a computer,
finding the mouse, moving it where you want, double-clicking, then moving
your hand back to the keyboard.
I'd bet typing four characters is faster by a factor of ten.
Mark R. Kaufmann
UUCP: ...!uunet!wucs1!wugate!wuphys!mrk
Internet: mrk at wuphys.wustl.edu