Iconitis

Greg Noel greg at ncr-sd.SanDiego.NCR.COM
Tue Apr 18 07:01:35 AEST 1989

In article <155 at bms-at.UUCP> stuart at bms-at.UUCP (Stuart Gathman) writes:
>.....  The screen had said, "Insert
>another diskette" in one of those fancy dialog boxes.  So she did.  Without
>first removing the floppy already in the drive.  This was the end of the
>floppy drive.

We may hold the record.  During an installation process that required
inserting ten floppy disks, one of our users actually got five of them
in the drive...  And she was annoyed that she couldn't get them all in,
as the installation instructions insisted!

The dialog box was changed to ask that the previous disk be removed -- and
it waits until it is -- before asking for the next one.
--
-- Greg Noel, NCR Rancho Bernardo   Greg.Noel at SanDiego.NCR.COM  or  greg at ncr-sd