The Journal of C Language Translation

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Sun Apr 2 08:41:03 AEST 1989

In article <414 at philmtl.philips.ca> ray at philmtl.UUCP (Raymond Dunn) writes:
>It appears promising as a source of "inside" 'C' implementation information,
>although the contents of this particular 38 page 6"*9" issue hardly appear to
>justify the subscription cost of $235 for 4 quarterly issues.

My reaction exactly.  At $40 I'd probably subscribe, but not at that price.
By setting the price that high, they've guaranteed that their audience will
remain small.  Even many libraries will balk at spending so much money for a
publication so small and specialized.  A pity; based on the sample issue,
it's stuff that should be more widely known.

>The journal is on the net (hello all at aussie), and I'm just a little
>perturbed by the fact that it seems likely that the mail-shot names and
>addresses were culled from this newsgroup...

I wouldn't jump to conclusions about that, especially since most people
don't give their addresses when posting.  Certainly the questionnaire
they sent out a while ago clearly used addresses from several sources
(they got two of mine).
--
Welcome to Mars!  Your         |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
passport and visa, comrade?    | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu