Need matrix inversion C routine.

Wayne A. Christopher faustus at dogwood.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Apr 24 07:21:41 AEST 1989

In article <2846 at tank.uchicago.edu>, vevea at paideia.uchicago.edu (Jack L. Vevea) writes:
> 	While we're on this subject, I have need of a long, slow matrix
> inversion routine that is at least callable from C.  I say
> "long, slow" because I need something I can apply to matrices with dimension
> in the hundreds, so it must be sensitive to the possibility of rounding
> error, and pick the optimal pivots.

There are a lot of algorithms used to do this sort of thing with sparse
matrices in circuit simulation.  In particular, the Spice 3 circuit
simulator available from Berkeley has a sparse matrix manipulation
package that you could probably use.

	Wayne