Need matrix inversion C routine.

Jack L. Vevea vevea at paideia.uchicago.edu
Sat Apr 22 11:27:24 AEST 1989

In article <10087 at smoke.BRL.MIL> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn) writes:
>In article <5785 at cbnews.ATT.COM> wkb at cbnews.ATT.COM (Wm. Keith Brummett) writes:
>>    I have need of a small, fast routine in C language that will invert
>>    matrices of order <= 4.

	While we're on this subject, I have need of a long, slow matrix
inversion routine that is at least callable from C.  I say
"long, slow" because I need something I can apply to matrices with dimension
in the hundreds, so it must be sensitive to the possibility of rounding
error, and pick the optimal pivots.  It would be nice if, in addition, it
could track its own precision in some way.  If anyone could at least point me
in the direction of a good algorithm, I would be eternally grateful.

	(Apologies if this doesn't belong in comp.lang.c)