Color sensitivity? No, BUT....

Jeff Erickson krazy at claris.com
Tue Apr 25 16:39:00 AEST 1989

>From article <12565 at lanl.gov>, by jlg at lanl.gov (Jim Giles):
> One last point.  I have a color computer a home.  To me, having a
> case sensitive language is as bad as having a _color_ sensitive one.
> Can you imagine?!?  Consider a program with 512 different variables,
> all spelled "a".  How would _YOU_ like to try to debug such a monster?

I've talked to a couple of friends of mine about this.  I have a color
computer, too.  I DEFINITELY DO NOT WANT COLOR SENSITIVE COMPILERS!  Let
me get that out of the way right of the bat!

What I would like is the ability to change text styles, sizes, colors, and
fonts within my code.  I could, for example, have all my comments in a smaller
point size than my code.  Or I could make critical sections of code red.
The code itself would still be just the text, and it would be trivial to
return the code to its original monofont status, but the addition of
optional style changes ould make some things really easy.

One of my firends wants a comment font, so you don't need comment delimiters,
but I think that's going a bit too far.

I know, I know.  It's silly.  But it would be damn useful.  To me anyway.

Comments??

--
Jeff Erickson       Claris Corporation  | Birdie, birdie, in the sky,
408/987-7309      Applelink: Erickson4  |   Why'd you do that in my eye?