Color sensitivity? No, BUT....

John Woods john at frog.UUCP
Wed Apr 26 10:13:00 AEST 1989

In article <9968 at claris.com>, krazy at claris.com (Jeff Erickson) writes:
> From article <12565 at lanl.gov>, by jlg at lanl.gov (Jim Giles):
> > Consider a program with 512 different variables,
> > all spelled "a".  How would _YOU_ like to try to debug such a monster?
> What I would like is the ability to change text styles, sizes, colors, and
> fonts within my code.  I could, for example, have all my comments in a smaller
> point size than my code.  Or I could make critical sections of code red.
> The code itself would still be just the text... Comments??

One thing *I've* wanted is the ability include pictures in comments (for
example, imagine feeding a MacWrite file to the Macintosh C compiler).
The ability to include real drawings of box-and-pointer diagrams could
immensely clarify some hairy pieces of code now and then.  Occaisionally
I have stooped to ASCII graphics, but somehow they just don't work as well.

And then again, having fonts be significant in variable names would make
it easy to have variables like "script-G" that pop up in Quantum Mechanics...
(No, I am NOT serious.  :-)
--
John Woods, Charles River Data Systems, Framingham MA, (508) 626-1101
...!decvax!frog!john, john at frog.UUCP, ...!mit-eddie!jfw, jfw at eddie.mit.edu