The Journal of C Language Translation

Walter Bright bright at Data-IO.COM
Tue Apr 4 05:41:03 AEST 1989

In article <414 at philmtl.philips.ca> ray at philmtl.UUCP (Raymond Dunn) writes:
>I've just received an unsolicited sample copy of the above Journal through
>the mail.
>The journal is on the net (hello all at aussie), and I'm just a little
>perturbed by the fact that it seems likely that the mail-shot names and
>addresses were culled from this newsgroup (tempered though by the very low-key
>nature of the sell). Comments anyone?

I got the same Journal. I don't really understand your perturbation. In
your signature, you posted your name and address. So you got junk mail,
is that really a problem? I would get upset about telephone or fax
solicitations, but junk mail is not inappropriate, I get a stack of it
every day that I leave in the trash on the way into my house.
(P.S. Whenever I get a fax solicitor, I call them (on their toll-free number)
and threaten legal action if they don't stop it. Fax paper ain't cheap,
and I don't like running out all the time (the machine won't hold much).)