preprocessor fun

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Sat Apr 8 05:26:28 AEST 1989

Consider:

	#ifdef notdef
	#hahafooledyou
	#endif

Clearly this is some sort of error, an unrecognized directive, even though
the text in the #ifdef is being skipped.

Or is it?  Show me where it says that the middle line is a directive at all.
I claim that it is two preprocessing tokens which do not happen to be a
directive.  Nowhere does the Oct. draft say that *only* directives can begin
with "#", or that all lines starting with "#" are directives.
--
Welcome to Mars!  Your         |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
passport and visa, comrade?    | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu