comma operator: keep away?

T. William Wells bill at twwells.uucp
Sun Apr 23 07:23:48 AEST 1989

In article <19913 at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> bobmon at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (RAMontante) writes:
: Is there a circumstance in which the comma operator is required, where
: the compound statement cannot be broken into multiple statements?

Certainly, though I'd not say "required", just "much better
programming": in macros and in the initialization and update parts of
for statements. And I'm sure I could think of a few more if I spent
the time.

---
Bill                            { uunet | novavax } !twwells!bill
(BTW, I'm may be looking for a new job sometime in the next few
months.  If you know of a good one where I can be based in South
Florida do send me e-mail.)